With bright, sweet, and crunchy elements, this after dinner salad acts as a palate cleanser to rich, savory foods. Eat it all year to brighten up a Sunday gravy or grilled ribeye, or turn it into a meal with a pile of simple grilled chicken.
- 6 oz arugula
- 1 orange, grapefruit, or blood orange
- 2 oz red or white onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 of a fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1oz parmesan cheese, shaved or coarsely grated
- 1/8 cup Olive oil
- 1/8 cup white balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Plate arugula in a large salad serving bowl. Slice the fennel and onion and arrange over the arugula.
- Supreme 1 orange and add segments to the salad, then squeeze the juice from of the remaining membranes into a small bowl.
- Add the olive oil and white balsamic vinegar to the bowl with the orange juice, season with pinches of salt and pepper, and whisk to combine.
- Top salad with shaved parmesan (use a vegetable peeler to shave the parmesan cheese) and pour the dressing over the salad. Toss to combine when ready to eat it.
Keywords: Arugula Citrus Salad, Arugula salad with citrus vinaigrette