This Baked Feta and Tomato Dip uses complex and well balanced flavors of feta, tomatoes, olives, lemon zest, hot honey, and thyme. This simple complexity makes it perfect for serving as an impressive but fun appetizer.
- 8 oz feta cheese, in block form
- 2 cups of grape tomatoes
- 1 cup of assorted olives
- 5 sprigs of fresh thyme, or your desired herb
- 2 Tb Hot honey OR 2 Tb regular honey and 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- The zest of half of a lemon
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 Tb Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400F. Place feta into a baking dish. Surround the feta with tomatoes and olives and arrange thyme sprigs over the top. Drizzle hot honey and olive oil onto the feta, then sprinkle with lemon zest and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 20 minutes.
- When feta is done cooking, discard thyme sprigs and use tongs or forks to toss the feta, tomatoes, and olives. Crush the tomatoes as you stir. Make sure to do this while it's still hot so the feta is melty and silky.
- If the dip seems too thick, and isn't silky smooth as you stir it, add 2 Tb of water to loosen it up.
- Serve alongside some delicious crusty bread and assorted veggies to dip.
Keywords: baked feta dip, baked feta and tomato dip