- 8 oz Cascatelli Pasta
- 1 lb grape or cherry tomatoes, sliced or cubed
- 2 ears of corn, kernels cut from cob
- 2 scallions, sliced, whites and greens separated
- 1/4c olive oil
- Kosher salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes
- 1/4c fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 Tb fish sauce
- 1 Tb red vinegar
- 1 tsp white distilled vinegar
- Mise en place: Prepare all vegetables as described above and set them aside.
- Place tomatoes in a large bowl and season them with 1.5 teaspoons of kosher salt. Toss and set aside.
- Heat a large pot of water over high heat.
- Meanwhile, heat 1/4c olive oil until hot but not smoking, add scallions and a pinch of red pepper flakes, and fry for 1 minute only. Remove from heat and add scallions and oil to the bowl of tomatoes.
- Add fish sauce, parsley, a pinch of freshly cracked black pepper, and red and white vinegar to the tomato mixture.
- Whenever the pasta water comes to a boil, season it heavily with salt so that it tastes salty, add the cascatelli, and cook for 12 minutes. Then add corn and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Drain and rinse the cascatelli and corn until cool. Toss with tomato mixture, and top with scallion greens.
Keywords: Cascatelli with Tomatoes and Corn, cascatelli pasta salad, new pasta, cascatelli recipe