Uses some charred vegetables, and some raw which adds contrast to your charred salsa.
- 4 yellow tomatoes
- 2 jalapeños
- 4 cloves of garlic, skin on
- 1/4 of a white onion, finely diced
- 1 small cucmber, such as Persian, finely diced
- The juice of 1 lime
- 2TB cilantro, finely chopped
- 1TB olive oil
- Place the first 3 ingredients whole on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or foil. Broil on high, rotating and removing from oven as vegetables blacken. Garlic and jalapeños will be first to come out of the oven after about 6-8 minutes.
- Once vegetables are mostly blackened, place them on a cutting board and cover with a bowl to allow them to steam for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, place your white onion, cucumber, cilantro, olive oil, and lime juice into a bowl. Remove jalapeño stems and garlic skins, dice the charred vegetables, and combine them with the non-charred vegetables in the bowl. Season with a big pinch of salt.