Cherry pepper delights are the most fun and impressive part of an antipasto plate.
- 12 cherry peppers
- 12 thin slices of Genoa salami
- 12 "Ciliegine" Mozzarella balls
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sugar or 1 tsp agave
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Olive oil for serving
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, use a knife to carefully cut in a circle around the top of each pepper, like you would when carving a pumpkin. Remove and discard the stems and seeds.
- Boil Peppers for 3 minutes, then drain, shaking off excess water, and transfer to a container just large enough to fit the peppers snugly.
- Pour both vinegars, salt, and sugar over the peppers. Close the lid, and shake to combine. Refrigerate for 4-12 hours.
- To stuff, wrap one mozzarella ball in one slice of salami and stuff the salami/mozzarella ball into a pepper. Repeat for each pepper.
- Arrange on a plate, drizzle generously with your favorite delicious olive oil, and serve.
Keywords: Cherry Pepper Delights