- 1lb spaghetti
- 2 small zucchinis, sliced into quarter moons
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 3 pre-cooked chicken sausage links, sliced into rounds; or 7-8 ounces of ground chicken sausage
- 1/3c white wine
- The juice of 1 lemon
- Olive oil
- Salt, Pepper, Crushed Red Pepper
- 1/4c parsley and/or basil, chopped
- 1/2c parmesan cheese
- 1/2c frozen peas
- 2Tb light cream (optional)
- Heat a large pot of salted water over high heat and cover. While water comes to a boil, slice and dice vegetables, herbs, and sausages as stated above.
- When you're done chopping, heat 2Tb olive oil in a large Dutch Oven or sauté pan over medium-high heat. Once hot, arrange chicken sausage rounds in an even layer so most of them make contact with the pan. Allow them to sear for 2 minutes undisturbed, or until the bottom side of each piece is deeply golden. At this point you can stir the sausage.
- The pasta water should be boiling by now, but if it isn't, lower the flame on the sausages down to low and continue to toss them occasionally until pasta water comes to a boil. Once the water is boiling, drop spaghetti into the water, and add the zucchini, tomatoes, and garlic, along with salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes to taste, to the pot with the sausage.
- Sauté vegetables for 5-6 minutes until they soften and tomatoes become jammy. Add the white wine and cook for another minute, just until the alcohol smell burns off. Add the frozen peas and lemon juice.
- When pasta is almost cooked, but still a little too hard to eat, use tongs to transfer it directly from the water to the veggie/sausage mixture. Stir the pasta into the veggie/sausage mixture along with 1/4c pasta water and 1/4c parmesan cheese until a thick sauce forms. Then stir in another 1/4c pasta water and 1/4c cheese, until a thick sauce forms again. At this point, pasta should be fully cooked. If not, you can continue the process of adding pasta water and stirring until pasta is cooked to your liking.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the light cream and herbs. Serve immediately.