Pastina with Egg and Cheese is the ultimate Italian American cure-all food.
- 12 oz of pastina or stelline pasta (one box of Barilla or Ronzoni brand)
- 5 cups of chicken broth or lightly salted water
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 oz grated pecorino or parmesan cheese
- Bring the broth or water to a boil then add the pastina. Stir occasionally to keep it from sticking.
- While that comes to a boil, beat the eggs and cheese together in a small bowl.
- Once the pastina has absorbed most of the water, turn off the heat and add the butter. Stir until fully melted. If using slightly larger type of pastina, it may not absorb all the liquid. In that case, drain out the excess before adding the butter.
- Slowly stream in the egg and parmesan while mixing constantly. Mix until the pastina is thick and custardy. Serve with a little black pepper.
Keywords: pastina with egg