An intensely flavorful vegan pesto that goes well with practically anything, including seafood, meat, noodles, potatoes, sandwiches, rice, beans... am I forgetting something?
- 1 bunch of herbs; half basil and half mint.
- 1/6 cup wasabi peas
- 1/6 cup pistachio nuts (fill a 1/3 measuring cup half way with wasabi peas and half way with pistachios)
- The juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 oz nutritional yeast
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 2 Tb sesame oil
- Place the first 7 ingredients into a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Switch the food processor to low and slowly stream in the sesame oil and olive.
- Switch the food processor to high for another 30s.
Keywords: Wasabi pesto, vegan pesto