Peanut Butter and Maple Syrup has to be one of the most delicious flavor combinations of all time. Theres just something about the salty nuttiness of peanut butter that pairs so well with sticky maple syrup.
And this Maple Syrup Peanut Butter Toast with Strawberries is even better because of the pop of freshness the strawberries bring.
This Maple Syrup and Peanut Butter Toast with fresh strawberries would make it a perfect summer breakfast, when strawberries are at their peak. But you can swap the strawberries for fruits like apples, pears, and oranges based on the season.
This was inspired by my Instagram followers, who I've learned love toast ideas... I guess that's because they make such easy and convenient breakfasts.
Check out my Instagram reel of this Maple Syrup and Peanut Butter Toast! As a food blogger, I've started honing my photography and video skills too. Would love for you to take a look!
There are only 4 ingredients in this Strawberry Peanut Butter Toast.
- Whole grain bread
- Salted crunchy peanut butter
- Maple Syrup
See recipe card for quantities.
The process of making this Strawberry Peanut Butter toast is ridiculously easy.
- Toast the bread
- Spread the peanut butter
- Arrange the sliced strawberries
- Drizzle over the maple syrup
Hint: You can obviously use whatever peanut butter you want, but I will forever love crunchy peanut butter's texture over smooth. I also think it's important to use salted peanut butter as it adds a salty sweet flavor profile to the toast.
With only 4 ingredients, there's not much to substitute! But here are some ideas.
- Strawberries - instead of strawberries you can use sliced oranges, apples, pears, crushed blueberries, and many other fruits depending on the season.
- Nut Free - this recipe would also be really good with tahini instead of peanut butter.
I always use a toaster oven in my kitchen rather than a pop up toaster. First of all, toaster ovens are more versatile, especially great for reheating leftover sandwiches, chicken cutlets, etc.
It's also easier to keep an eye on toasting bread in a toaster oven since you can see into it. I use this Black and Decker Toaster because it's inexpensive, fits nicely on my counter, and works quickly.
A delicious, satisfying breakfast toast with just 4 ingredients and so much flavor... It's acidic, sweet, crunchy, nutty, and a little salty!
- 1 slice of whole grain bread, taosted
- 2 tablespoons of salted chunky peanut butter
- 2 strawberries, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon of good maple syrup
- Spread the peanut butter onto the slice of toast.
- Layer the strawberries on top of the peanut butter.
- Drizzle the maple syrup. Enjoy!
Keywords: strawberry peanut butter toast, maple syrup peanut butter, peanut butter and maple syrup