Calabrian Chili Marinated Butter Beans are just one way to use this delicious spicy Italian condiment in everyday cooking. They're so simple, but so delicious. Serve these spicy butter beans as part of a cheese and charcuterie board, atop a fish filet, or as a protein-filled salad topping.
What are Calabrian Chili Marinated Butter Beans?
They are exactly what they sound like: Butter Beans marinated in a spicy Calabrian Chili-based marinade. The only ingredients are:
- Butter Beans
- Calabrian Chili Peppers (I use Trader Joe's Italian Bomba)
- Olive Oil
- Lemon juice and zest
- Salt (to taste)
Why Calabrian Chili Peppers?
Calabrian Chili Peppers are perfect for these butter beans because they're both spicy and flavorful. Plus, I'm partial to anything that comes straight from Italy. They're from the Italian region of Calabria.
You're in luck! I wrote an entire article explaining what they are, the best brands to buy, their Italian origin, and other uses for them. Find that article here!
Why use Butter Beans?
Butter beans are the best bean option for this recipe because they are rich and, you guessed it, buttery. Therefore, they're perfect for counteracting the heat and acidity of the chilis and lemon.
You can watch the same video, along with several other cooking tutorials on my TikTok page.
Other Recipes using Calabrian Chili PeppersPrint
Calabrian Chili Marinated Butter Beans
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 4 as an appetizer 1x
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: marinade
- Cuisine: Italian
These Spicy Butter Beans are a perfect balance of spice, acidity, and buttery goodness. Serve them with crusty bread, a charcuterie board, or as a delicious salad topping.
- 1 Tb Calabrian Chili Peppers in crushed or diced forms
- 2 Tb Olive oil
- ½ of a lemon, juice and zest
- 1 14 oz can of butter beans, drained and rinsed.
- Salt to taste
- Using a colander, drain and rinse a can of butter beans. Set them aside so they continue to drip dry.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the Calabrian chili peppers, olive oil, lemon zest and juice, and a pinch of salt.
- Add the beans to the marinade, and toss to combine. Taste for seasoning and add more salt if needed. Serve immediately or place in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before consuming to allow them to come to room temperature.
Keywords: Calabrian Chili Marinated Butter Beans, Spicy Butter Beans
This sounds SO good! We loved Calabria and brought back some chili peppers so this is a perfect (and so simple!) recipe to use them in! Thanks!