This Spicy Cantaloupe Martini is as refreshing as it is boozy. (very) It's truly the perfect combination of fresh cantaloupe, jalapeno, and lime juice. Shake it up with elder flower liqueur and vodka, and enjoy this delightful summer cocktail!
How to make it
Most of my favorite cocktails require muddling and shaking, and this Spicy Cantaloupe Martini is no exception. There's nothing better than using the natural sweetness of fresh fruit as the primary sweetener of a drink. And shaking it makes the drink ice cold and frothy.
2 slices of muddled jalapenos bring the perfect amount of spice to the softer/sweeter taste of freshly muddled cantaloupe. Lime provides the acidic punch, and elderflower/ St. Germain provides the floral note. This cocktail is nothing if not balanced!
So for this recipe, all you have to do is:
- Muddle the cantaloupe and jalapeno with fresh lime juice
- Shake it up with ice, vodka, and St. Germain.
- Pour it into a martini glass and garnish (if you want to)
Watch me make this Spicy Cantaloupe Martini in a TikTok video Tutorial!
Other cocktails similar to the Spicy Cantaloupe Martini
Finally, I should point out that I use this muddling and shaking method all the time, whether I'm creating a recipe for the blog or for fun. For example, the following cocktail recipes are all similar to the Spicy Cantaloupe Martini in that they use this same method of muddling and shaking to achieve the best flavor and temperature possible.
So if you like this recipe, you'd love these too...
Or check out all OTB cocktails here.Print
Spicy Cantaloupe Martini
- Total Time: 5
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Cocktail, Alcohol
- Method: muddling, shaking
A delightful summer cocktail containing subtly sweet cantaloupe and touches of spice and lime.
- 2 oz vodka
- .5oz St. Germain or other elder flower liqueur
- ½ of a lime
- 2-inch piece of ripe cantaloupe
- 2 slices of fresh jalapeno
- Place the fresh jalapeno and cantaloupe in a cocktail shaker along with the juice of ½ of a lime. Muddle very well, so the cantaloupe released most of its juice.
- Add the vodka, St. Germain, and 5-6 ice cubes.
- Shake for 10 seconds
- Pour into a martini glass.
Keywords: Spicy Cantaloupe Martini, Cantaloupe Martini
Leave a Comment